On December 4th, we opened up ticket sales for the 2018 National Credit Union Foundation Dinner Presenting the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards taking place on February 26, 2018 in conjunction with the CUNA GAC. Often referred to as the “Academy Awards” of the credit union movement, this annual dinner presents the highest national awards in the credit union movement. Here are the top 5 reasons why you should attend next year:
- This year is the 30th anniversary of the dinner. 2018 marks the 30th anniversary of celebrating influential and inspiring leaders from around the globe. For 30 years, leaders in the credit union movement have been coming together to celebrate each other and the power of the movement, and you can be a part of the milestone 30th year!
- We will be honoring 4 people with Outstanding Individual Achievement Awards. This year is special in that we will be honoring four individuals who have dedicated their lives to the credit union movement. You can join us as we honor Chuck Purvis, President/CEO at Coastal Credit Union; Susan Mitchell, CEO at Mitchell, Stankovic & Associates; Angel V. Castro, President of Castro y Asociados; and Bill Hampel, retired Chief Policy Officer and Economist at the Credit Union National Association (CUNA). You can learn more about each of these winners by clicking here.
- Network with credit union professionals from around the globe. The Wegner Awards presents a great opportunity to be in a room with some of the most influential credit union leaders from around the US, as well as internationally. Whether you are just starting out in the movement, or are a senior leader of an organization, the Wegner Dinner allows for new connections and relationships to be built.
- Walk the red carpet at this black tie affair. The Wegner Dinner provides the opportunity to get glammed up in your best gala attire and walk the red carpet with your colleagues and friends. It is a fun way to celebrate and commemorate the evening!
- It is the primary fundraising gala for the Foundation. By attending the Wegner Awards Dinner, you are supporting the critical work of the National Credit Union Foundation. Your support of this inspirational evening allows the Foundation to sustain and expand initiatives to improve people’s financial lives through credit unions.
If you are interest in purchasing tickets for the event, please click here. We hope to celebrate with you on February 26th in Washington, DC!
© National Credit Union Foundation and blog.ncuf.coop, 2015-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to National Credit Union Foundation and blog.ncuf.coop with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.